Features & Benefits
- Built in hydrometer (most batteries) – Indicates state of charge.
- Factory-sealed – Makes these batteries maintenance free.
- Polypropylene case – Reinforced design is precisely tailored to support the battery elements to withstand road shock and vibration. This strong durable material combines light weight with high impact strength.
- Liquid-gas separator area – Returns liquid to reservoir for longer life.
- Integrated or rope handle – For ease of transport and installation.
- Flame arrester – Safety system, prevents explosion from sparks outside the battery, minimizes acid leakage, prevents inflow of dust.
- Heat sealed covers – Helps prevent electrolyte contamination and increase case strength.
- Centered cast on plate strap – Stronger than thinner gas-burned conventional connectors.
- Low resistance envelope separators – Encapsulated negative plates help to prevent shorting / treeing between negative and positive plates as well as aid vibration durability.
- Increased battery shelf life - Compared to conventional batteries, up to 12 months shelf life without charging due to the use of calcium / calcium grids.
- Less preventive maintenance due to less water loss.
- Reduced terminal corrosion and ventilation.
- Smaller self-discharge rate.
- More forgiving when accidentally overcharged.
Wet batteries have a Lead-Calcium (Ca) positive and Lead-Calcium (Ca) negative plate chemistry or formulation. The non-sealed versions are recommended for use in hot climates, so lost water can be replaced. The advantages Lead Calcium batteries are :